Saturday, 17 September 2016

Bendi Cards

I have been at Hill End Retreat with the super CTMH ladies from Bathurst, Oberon, Mudgee, Dubbo and Newcastle area. Fabulous crafting, sharing and fun time with Lisa Wurth. John and Bernie love the ladies who have been going there for 10 years! It is amazing for the wildlife and the history of earliest Australian gold mining.

I shared with Lisa how to make the Bendi Card which I demoed to the Brisbane Girls at last Fun Day.
Splitcoast Stampers gives a very easy to follow set of instructions and video by Bibiana Martinez-Ziegler. 
It is fun that when liked the card will stand on its own for displaying.



I made this first one using CTMH Calypso paper My Acrylix Stamp Sets B1527 Hawaiian Hibiscus and C1651, Z3228 Stamp and Thin Cuts combination Tickled Pink. These are now retired.
I love that this card can fold flat to go in an envelope for posting. The flamingos were stamped using Pixie and Hollyhock Inks and the flowers were coloured with ShinHan alcohol ink pens.



This one is using a current Close to my Heart Stamp and Thin Cuts Bundle Z4015 Woodland Wishes featured in the Holiday Expressions Catalogue.
I used the new 1"x 6.5" clear block for the front piece stamping layers of Flaxen, Sweet Leaf and Glacier inks and trimming along the skyline.
On the second layer I placed cut and stamped trees and deer. The Deer stamped with Desert Sand was strategically placed on 3D foam tape, hiding the slit. The pine trees were stamped with New England Ivy. The skyline was also trimmed around the tops of the trees.
The base layer had clustered snowflakes and stars stamped randomly and the star in Deresrt Sand was attached with 3D foam tape. The sentiment is also in Desert Sand.




Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment